#WalangPasok: Updated List of Work and Class cancellations for October 13, 2022 (Thursday)
Manila, Philippines – Several Local Government Units and Schools successful the Philippines person suspended classes, and authorities enactment connected Thursday, October 13, 2022, owed to Tropical Depression Maymay.
Walang Pasok Updates: Oktubre 13, Huwebes
(As of 12:01pm, October 12, 2022) Here’s an updated database of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work connected Thursday:
Region 2 Cagayan Valley
- Allacapan – All levels (Public and private)
- Aparri – All levels (Public and private), including authorities offices
- Enrile – All levels (Public and private)
- Sanchez Mira – Pre-school, Elementary, and Secondary Schools
Region 3 – Central Luzon
- Talavera, Nueva Ecija – kindergarten to Grade 12, nationalist and backstage (source)
Tropical Depression “Maymay” Updates Issued astatine 05:00 am, 12 October 2022
(Valid for broadcast until the adjacent advisory to beryllium issued astatine 11:00 AM today)
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “MAYMAY” CONTINUES TO SLOWLY MOVE SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE PHILIPPINE SEA
HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND AREAS
- Today, mean to dense with astatine times aggravated rains implicit Cagayan and Isabela. Light to mean with astatine times dense rains implicit Aurora.
- Under these conditions, scattered to wide flooding (including flash floods) and rain-induced landslides are expected particularly successful areas that are highly oregon precise highly susceptible to these hazard arsenic identified successful hazard maps, and successful localities with important antecedent rainfall. For much information, notation to the 24-Hour Public Weather Forecast issued astatine 4:00 AM contiguous and the Weather Advisory #5 issued astatine 11:00 PM yesterday.
- Strong winds (strong breeze to adjacent gale strength) whitethorn beryllium experienced wrong immoderate of the areas wherever Wind Signal No. 1 is presently successful effect.
- In the adjacent 24 hours, occasional gusts reaching beardown to gale-force spot associated with the enhanced northeasterly aboveground windflow and its convergence with the tropical slump circulation whitethorn besides beryllium experienced (especially successful the coastal and mountainous areas) implicit Batanes, Cagayan including Babuyan Islands, Cordillera Administrative Region, and Ilocos Region.
HAZARDS AFFECTING COASTAL WATERS
- Under the power of MAYMAY and the surge of northeasterly aboveground windflow, a marine gale informing remains successful effect implicit the seaboards of Northern and Central Luzon and the eastbound seaboard of Southern Luzon. For much information, notation to Gale Warning #6 issued astatine 5:00 AM today.
- In the adjacent 24 hours, the surge of northeasterly aboveground windflow whitethorn besides bring mean to unsmooth seas (1.5 to 3.5 m) implicit the occidental seaboards of Central and Southern Luzon. These conditions whitethorn beryllium risky for those utilizing tiny seacrafts. Mariners are advised to instrumentality precautionary measures erstwhile venturing retired to oversea and, if possible, debar navigating successful these conditions.
TRACK AND INTENSITY OUTLOOK
- On the forecast track, the halfway of Tropical Depression MAYMAY is forecast to determination dilatory westward oregon stay astir stationary successful the adjacent 12 hours earlier it somewhat accelerates and determination westward towards the eastbound seashore of Central Luzon. “MAYMAY” is forecast to weaken into a debased unit country arsenic it approaches the landmass.
Forecast Weather Conditions Issued astatine 4:00 AM, 12 October 2022
|Isabela, Aurora and Quirino||Rains with Gusty winds||TD MAYMAY||Possible flash floods oregon landslides owed to mean to dense with astatine times aggravated rains. Minimal to insignificant menace to lives and properties owed to to beardown winds|
|Batanes, Cagayan, Apayao, Kalinga and Ilocos Norte||Cloudy skies with scattered to wide rainshowers and thunderstorms||Shearline||Possible flash floods oregon landslides owed to mean to dense with astatine times aggravated rains|
|The remainder of the Cordillera Administrative Region, the remainder of Cagayan Valley, and the remainder of the Ilocos Region||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||TD MAYMAY / Shearline||Possible flash floods oregon landslides owed to mean to dense rains|
|Metro Manila and the remainder of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers oregon thunderstorms||Localized Thunderstorms||Possible flash floods oregon landslides during terrible thunderstorms|
Department of Education (DepEd) Class and Work Suspension Guideline:
Here are the guidelines for cancellation oregon suspension of classes and enactment successful nationalist schools from Kindergarten to Grade 12 wherever determination are typhoons, dense rains, and floods based connected DepEd Order No. 37, s. 2022.
The Department of Education issues these Guidelines connected the Cancellation oregon Suspension of Classes and Work successful Schools successful the lawsuit of Natural Disasters, Power Outages/Power Interruptions, and different calamities to further usher schools, their personnel, and learners, some wrong the nationalist and backstage institutions.
In-person and online classes astatine each levels are automatically canceled successful schools situated successful Local Government Units (LGUs) issued with Tropical Cyclone Wind Signals (TCWS) 1, 2, 3,4, oregon 5 by the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA).
If the TCWS is issued astatine a clip erstwhile classes person already begun, the schoolhouse shall instantly suspend the classes and enactment and nonstop everyone location if it is harmless to bash so. However, schools are obligated to support the students and unit safely successful schoolhouse if traveling has go unsafe.
Local Chief Executives shall determine connected the cancellation oregon suspension of classes successful cases wherever determination are beardown winds successful circumstantial oregon each areas of the LGU but is not owed to a typhoon.
2. Heavy Rainfall
In-person and online classes astatine each levels are automatically canceled successful schools situated successful LGUs issued with Yellow, Orange, and Red Rainfall Warning by the PAGASA.
If the Warning is issued erstwhile classes person already begun, the schoolhouse shall instantly suspend the classes and enactment and nonstop everyone location if it is harmless to bash so. However, schools are obligated to support the students and unit safely successful schoolhouse if traveling has go unsafe.
Local Chief Executives shall determine connected the cancellation oregon suspension of classes successful cases wherever determination are torrential rains successful circumstantial oregon each areas of the LGU but is not issued a Heavy Rainfall Alert by PAGASA.
In-person and online classes successful each levels are automatically canceled successful schools situated successful LGUs issued with a Flood Warning by the PAGASA.
If the Flood Warning is issued astatine a clip erstwhile classes person already begun, the schoolhouse shall instantly suspend the classes and enactment and nonstop everyone home, if it is harmless to bash so. However, schools are obligated to support the students and unit safely successful schoolhouse if traveling has go unsafe.
Local Chief Executives shall determine connected the cancellation oregon suspension of classes successful cases wherever determination is flooding successful circumstantial oregon each areas of the LGU but is not issued a Flood Warning by PAGASA.
In-person and online classes successful each levels are automatically canceled successful schools situated successful LGUs wherever the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHILVOCS) declares an earthquake with PHILVOCS Earthquake Intensity Scale (PEIS) V oregon above.
Local Chief Executives shall determine connected the cancellation oregon suspension of classes successful cases wherever the PEIS is IV and below.
School Principals tin cancel classes astatine immoderate Intensity Scale if successful their assessment, gathering and different structures are seen to beryllium successful information of collapsing oregon is recovered to person large damage.
The School Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) Team Head should wide the instrumentality of students and unit successful buildings and different structures.
5. Power Outages/ Power Interruptions/ Brownouts
There volition beryllium nary automatic cancellation oregon suspension of classes if determination are powerfulness outages/power interruptions/brownouts successful schools. If powerfulness outages/power interruptions and brownouts person resulted successful a mediocre learning environment, schoolhouse officials tin cancel oregon suspend classes astatine their discretion.
6. Adjustments to Learning Delivery Due to Suspensions/Cancellations of Classes
If canceled oregon suspended classes occur, region learning oregon make-up classes shall beryllium implemented to guarantee that learning competencies and objectives are inactive met.
In adherence to the proviso of DepEd Order No. 14, s. 2021, learners who miss learning activities owed to people suspensions brought astir by assorted disruptions similar disasters and/or emergencies owed to earthy oregon human-induced hazards shall beryllium accorded owed information successful the completion of their learning tasks.
7. Maintenance of Workforce and Activation of DRRM Teams
Teaching schoolhouse personnel, including ALS teachers, and non-teaching schoolhouse unit successful schools, Division Offices, Regional Offices, and the Central Office, shall not beryllium required to study to work, but those who are mandated to render security, safety, finance, engineering, sanitation, health, and catastrophe effect duties.
Schools, connected the different hand, indispensable ever beryllium acceptable to instrumentality distant enactment with measured output.
Central, Regional, and Schools Division Offices and schools shall activate their DRRM Teams to prepare, monitor, and respond to the situation. DRRM Team members, peculiarly DRRM Coordinators and Engineers, shall beryllium required to study to enactment successful the aftermath of the catastrophe to proceed undertaking response, aboriginal recovery, and reporting based connected established DRRM protocols (e.g., an inspection of schoolhouse facilities to vet damages arsenic reported by School DRRM Coordinators, elaborate appraisal of damaged facilities for purposes of processing the Program of Works for infrastructure costing successful rehabilitation and betterment plans, and information successful coordination meetings with LDRRMCs). Other DRRM Team members whitethorn likewise beryllium required to study to enactment arsenic needed.
Officials of backstage schools shall workout discretion comparative to the enactment statement of their DRRM personnel.
8. Use of schools arsenic Evacuation Center oregon COVID-19 Quarantine and/or Isolation Facility/Vaccination Center
Schools shall not beryllium utilized arsenic quarantine and/ oregon isolation facilities oregon vaccination centers. The authorization fixed to Regional Directors successful allowing schools to beryllium designated arsenic quarantine and/or isolation facilities/ vaccination centers nether Office Memorandum OM-Osec-2020-004 (Guidance to Regional Directors for Action Requests by Local Government Units to Use DepEd Schools and Engage DepEd Personnel successful Activities Related to COVID-19), is hereby lifted. Office Memorandum OM-OSEC- 2021-03-003 (Use of DepEd Classrooms and Other Facilities arsenic Vaccination Centers) is likewise hereby repealed.
In different disasters, schools whitethorn beryllium utilized arsenic an contiguous evacuation tract that should not past much than 15 days. LGUs should not usage schools arsenic semipermanent shelters for evacuees.
9. Conduct of Psychological First Aid
As the attraction of a conducive learning situation requires addressing the contiguous needs of affected learners and unit successful the aftermath of disasters, each Schools Division Offices, with the enactment of Regional Offices, shall measure Mental Health and Psychosocial Support needs and services and pb the behaviour of Psychological First Aid (PFA). This shall see the mobilization of trained PFA providers and partners and if needed, referral pathways for learners and unit identified for further specialized intelligence enactment services. Required wellness standards shall ever beryllium applied.
10. Responsibility of Parents oregon Guardians
The DepEd inactive maintains that parents oregon guardians are liable for determining whether their children should be classes considering their carnal and/or intelligence wellness during disasters and calamities. This applies adjacent if nary bid for cancellation oregon suspension of classes has been issued.
However, it is besides the work of the parents oregon guardians to guarantee that their kid tin drawback up with the needed competencies that the learners should master.
For much information, work DO 37, s. 2022: https://bit.ly/DO37S2022
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) volition beryllium astatine the discretion of schoolhouse management.
Flight Cancellations successful the Philippines
(Please refresh this station for formation updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Philippine Weather Updates: Some Classes for Thursday, October 13, 2022, person been canceled to Tropical Depression Maymay.
Keep refreshing this leafage for much #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like america connected Facebook, follow america connected Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
Searching for the champion hotels and affordable flights? Check retired our implicit database of affordable hotels and resorts via Agoda, or you whitethorn besides spot available Airbnb properties successful the city.
Original article: #WalangPasok: Class Suspensions For October 13, 2022, Thursday
©2022 Out of Town Blog. All Rights Reserved.